Scheduling a Delivery
To schedule a delivery please contact TKO’s Shipping and Receiving Specialist at [email protected] or call 410-870-1240 Ext. 3. The Shipping and Receiving Specialist will require the following information during booking:
- Manufacturer/Vendor numbers,
- Dealer purchase order number,
- Acknowledgement numbers, and
- Piece count or size of freight.
- If a Purchase Order number and/or Acknowledgement number is not available, a tentative time for delivery may be scheduled.
The Shipping and Receiving Specialist will schedule in-bound shipments for delivery following criteria set forth:
- All loads are booked by appointment only
- LTL maximum of four (4) between 6 a.m. and 10 a.m.
- Specialist must watch for piece vs. skid counts
- One (1) truck scheduled per hour, on the hour
- Full Truck shipments may be scheduled at: 6 a.m. or 9 a.m.
- Maximum number of full trucks in one day may not exceed 4; Two (2) trucks at 6 a.m. and 9 a.m.
- Rare situations – may schedule at 5 a.m. Requires approval.
- All scheduled deliveries must present TKO’s booking confirmation number prior to docking and unloading
- All deliveries will be unloaded at scheduled time.
- Late deliveries will wait in queue until next available slot.
The Shipping and Receiving Specialist will send a confirmation number for the in-bound shipment with the scheduled time of delivery.
- Operation Center will verify shipment.
- Driver has scheduled confirmation number.
- Driver has scheduled dock time
- Operation Center will check the manifest and verify the shipment has been delivered to the correct company and address before unloading.
- If there are any errors in receiving address, report this to Truck Driver.
- Operation Center will unload shipments over 15 pieces (large load) at designated docks and arrival time.
- Check the manifest or packing slip and match number of boxes listed to the actual number of boxes received.
- Any error in quantities will be notated immediately on B.O.M.
- Any damages will be notated immediately on B.O.M.
- The Shipping and Receiving Specialist will follow TKO’s damage procedure.
- Driver and authorized TKO representative must sign B.O.M. TKO will retain a copy.
- The B.O.M. will be stamped based on driver response for unload time:
- Driver Cannot wait – “It is TKO’s policy to unbox and inspect all product in driver’s presence to ensure that damages and/or shortages within skids and/or cartons are listed on drivers B.O.M. Driver cannot be detained at this time due to time restraints on other deliveries. Dock Arrival Time: Dock Departure Time:
- Driver waits – “Product was unboxed and inspected in front of driver’s presence. The following concealed damage(s) have been found: (list damage(s)).